What We Have Done
We are campaigning for East Sussex County Council to reverse the increase to parking charges.
We organised a multi-sector meeting with Eastbourne Homes, Eastbourne Borough Council and local businesses to discuss their concerns after the Claremont Fire.
We successfully campaigned for a 75% reduction of VAT in the hospitality sector.
We contacted all businesses impacted by the Phase 2 plans for Eastbourne Town Centre.
What We Will Do Next
- We will continue to campaign for more connected travel into Eastbourne, including cycle lanes, bus and rail improvements.
- We will continue campaigning for the removal of BT phone boxes and other dilapidated street furniture which damages the ambience of the town centre.
- We will continue to campaign for better pavements and cheaper parking, especially during the County Council election campaign in 2021.
- We will ensure that Phase 2 of the Town Centre Movement Package improves the town while bringing minimal disruption to the business community.
- We will establish a ‘State of the Economy’ event, bringing together the Eastbourne MP, Council and business leaders to address business concerns and barriers to growth.